Thursday, March 6, 2008

San Diego, California - February 27-March 5, 2008

San Diego was super. We had beautiful weather and we were able to spend a few days visiting with some cousins we hadn't seen in years. Our campground was right on Mission Bay and our site overlooked the bay & wild life refuge. It was beautiful to see the sun set each night. We went to the San Diego Zoo, which we hadn't been to in many years. It hadn't changed much and we did enjoy seeing the panda bear. I drove over the bridge to Coronado - once I got on it, there was no turning around. You all know how much I love to drive over bridges & this one was really long. I kept telling George I thought I was going to faint or throw up, but I made it across and we were able to spend time on my favorite beach by Hotel Del Coronado. George drove back over the bridge, but the road back had 3 lanes so that was a lot easier! We went to Sea World and were lucky enough to get into all of the shows without any waiting time. While the dolphins, the sea lions, and the whales were great, George's favorite show was the one with the dogs, cats and pigs! We spent one day driving up to La Jolla, which was our old hang-out when we would come out to visit my aunt. We were surprised how it had grown and thanks to GPS, we were able to find my aunt's old house. We also drove up to another old favorite spot - Mount Soledad. There's a 30' cross at the top, which is now also a Veteran's Memorial. The view of San Diego is incredible (the bright white building that looks like a castle is the San Diego Mormon Temple). Mr. Bailey had his first experience with water other than bath water - the Pacific Ocean at the Ocean Beach Dog Beach! I don't think he liked it very much because every time a wave came, he ran away from it and headed to George for safety. However, he did enjoy playing with all the dogs. I've never seen so many dogs running around & having so much fun! Bailey also enjoyed chasing the ducks by the bay where our campsite was, so he got lots of exercise (and so did we chasing him!). And now we're off to Anaheim - I can hardly wait to visit THE MOUSE!

2 comments:

rilera said...

Can you bring back some of that sunshine and warmth please? You picked the perfect winter to get out of here. We can't wait for spring. Glad you and George and Mr. Bailey are enjoying your trip west. Sally says 'hi'.

marlamuppets said...

i love how you are afraid of bridges. i have funny memories of driving over the bridge to chicago!!!