Sunday, March 23, 2008

Pomona, California - March 16-20, 2008

We made it driving the RV through Los Angeles from Ventura to Pomona with no problems. The California highways have got to be the worst ones in the entire USA! I drove Aunt Barbara to her friend's house in Claremont while George set up the coach at our new site, which was right next door to the Fairplex County Fairgrounds - too bad it wasn't time for the fair! The weather was absolutely gorgeous in the upper 70's the entire time we were there. Since Curtis hadn't been to Downtown Disney and we were going to meet one of my closest friends daughter & her family at The Rainforest Cafe there for dinner, we decided to get there early so we would have some time to wander around before meeting them. I showed Curtis around taking him to the entrance of Disney's California Adventure, where I got a picture of him sitting inside the "C" of their sign. We met Melissa, Rob, Robbie and Lauren Au at The Rainforest Cafe and had a nice visit with them. (Yes, Becky, I have to agree that they are the cutest grandkids!) Lauren took to Curtis & insisted on sitting next to him at dinner. We sat right by a huge stuffed gorilla & about every 15 minutes it would come to life and make sounds that scared Lauren so that she would grab Curtis. He was so patient with her! I got a day of R&R (actually I cleaned the coach and washed all the bedding & clothes) when Curtis & George went to Warner Bros Studios for a tour. Curtis liked visiting their sound stage and George liked seeing the actual General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard. They had a good time & enjoyed telling me how the studio had an entire floor dedicated to Harry Potter (and I missed it!). The weather was so perfect, I hated leaving California. It meant we were at the end of our travels west and were now heading back to Minnesota (and we were told MN just got a lot more snow!). But Utah...here we come!

No comments: